Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full Circle

Finally things are as they should be. Kimo arrived home from Denver not as my husband, or former lover, but as my friend. He understands now that, while he loves me dearly, he is not in love with me. He is fully on board with the divorce now, so I don't see any complications there. We are friends. More than friends, I don't know of any two people closer than we are, that love each other the way we do. But it's the right way now.
We had a long talk tonight. It seems like all the truths are out. I feel washed clean. No resentment or bitterness, I feel closer to him than I have in a long time. Something changed in the last 48 hours, and the relationship between us has formed into something special, without any romantics or sex to muss it up.

Now my biggest sadness is just that im going to miss him so much when I'm gone. There are only a few days left here. But we are going to start writing letters again...just like we used to so long ago. I guess we've come full circle at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment