Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mind Made Up

I know now that i'm going to leave my husband. It's not that he's done anything particularly wrong, or that I resent him. On the contrary, I love him very much, but I've realized that we make better friends than spouses. He will never be able to give me the love and support I need, and I'm just not what he wants right now.

I've done a lot of thinking about a lot of things, and what it basically comes down to is that the kind of life that would make him happy is completely different than what makes me happy. There is no common ground. I'm going to stick around for awhile longer, I really dread telling him. This will break both our hearts, but deep down I know this is right. I hope we can part as friends without regrets. I'm so tired of tears, and saying goodbye to the love of my life will be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment